Overview of the sector
Health is one of the sectors in which European supply is first-class, from medical technologies and devices, to pharmaceuticals, but also to new developments in the sector, eased by the rapid convergence with ICT.
Smart Health is amongst the most dynamic areas within the European health sector, which benefits with a vibrant ecosystem of micro and small companies at its forefront.
There are several trends that drive the sector, besides ICT adaptation, such as transparency and communication with patients, gains in efficiency and interoperability, as well as the Covid/Pandemic fight.
To position European solutions in the 6 target markets will also need to pull interest from the public buyers, considering that all things Smart in the Health sector are relatively new.
Finding the right “Specifiers” from public institutions will be crucial, in order to make them realize the benefits in specifying/asking the kind of solutions provided by GOOSE firms.
GOOSE will work to provide with intelligence to understand the preferences in each of the 6 markets, benefiting with a well-established network, and joining the resources of the 4 consortium partners.
GOOSE will also be offering the necessary training, mapping where the niches of opportunity appear, as well as giving direct advice and mentoring to help SMEs reach them successfully.
Opportunities to explore by GOOSE
to help European SMEs:
- Both Colombia and, specially, Chile characterize for a dual Health system, with top-notch private facilities and underinvested and crowded public ones. GOOSE will consider the considerable already stablished Catalan/Spanish firms as potential targets for GOOSE firms.
- As one of the countries offering better public services, including all Health related, Norway’s public buyer markets are some to follow, specially by firms offering state-of-the-art solutions. Of significance will be the niche of public procurement of innovation, in which the administration seeks new solutions still not marketed.
- Serbia’s potential in this field seems low, at least on a first look. However, the cultural-geographical proximity, especially with Slovenia, invites exploring the potential of European solutions.
- In principle, Vietnam offers meagre potential in Smart health, especially from the point of view of European suppliers. Nevertheless, niches of opportunity will be explored, possibly counting with the partnership with local firms.
- Japan has the characteristics of any advanced economy, only on steroids: the most aged population with the longest life-expectancy. As such, it is a pioneer in Smart-health solutions, with the peculiar local touch. What to make of it will be one of GOOSE’s tasks: as in the case above of Norway, we will explore which niches of public procurement of innovation offer the most potential for GOOSE firms.
News about smart health
Opportunities/tenders about smart health
Please register here to track on them in real time!!