This policy explains how we use your personal data that we collect from you when you use our website or services in relation to GOOSE project. We process personal data in accordance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, EU 2016/679) and the applicable laws. We do not process sensitive personal data as defined in GDPR.
What data do we collect?
We collect the following data:
- In order to provide services, we collect personal data in the following two ways: For example, if you subscribe to the services in relation to GOOSE project or need information, you can provide data such as: name, company, company ID, LinkedIn ID, sectors and countries of interest, and e-mail address.
- Data we receive from you while using the services: time of registration or application, IP address, cookie information.
How do we collect your data?
We collect data and process it when you:
- send us an inquiry/e-mail;
- fulfil a form;
- use or view our website via your browser’s cookies;
- create an account;
- order an alert.
How will we use your data and why we collect it?
Processing personal data related to your company is necessary for providing our services. Without processing personal data, we cannot offer the relevant services to you and fulfil related duties. In order to use our service, we need your consent for processing the personal data for the abovementioned purposes. We use data collected from all services in order to offer, manage, protect and improve our services as well as develop new services.
Before using the data for purposes other than those described in our data protection terms and conditions, we will ask for your explicit consent for it.
We collect your personal data so that we can:
- process your request, manage your account;
- email you with special offers on services that we think you might like;
- communicate with you;
- transfer data to third parties in relation to our services.
How do we store your data?
We work to protect your data from unauthorized access or from unauthorized alteration, disclosure or violation. In order to ensure data security, we do the following:
- We treat all personal data as confidential.
- We encrypt services wherever possible using SSL.
- We keep personal data mainly in digital form and not in paper form in order to ensure safer access control.
The personal data repository shall be protected by the necessary IT technical and organisational safeguards.
Although we apply strict security rules for the personal data that have been received in our environment, we must point out that the internet is never completely safe and we cannot guarantee safe forwarding of your data to us. Safety of sending data is always your own risk.
Where do we send your data?
We treat personal data processed as confidential and transfer them to other persons or companies (or recipients) only to the extent necessary for the provision of the service.
We do not share the personal data with companies, organisations or persons outside of GOOSE project, except in the following cases:
- Without the permission of a person, their personal data may be disclosed to an institution or a person who has the legal right for in line with the legal acts concerning data protection.
- If we use external service partners who provide services to us. For example, providers of the website service or hosting, providers of marketing services and providers of IT services. Upon providing such services, external service providers may have access to your personal data and/or they may process the data. We insist that these service providers apply security measures that ensure inviolability and safety of your personal data.
- If you have given your explicit consent for disclosing the personal data to a specific recipient (it includes parties in third countries).
- Catalonia Competitiveness Agency, Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT) are the controllers of personal data.
We may transfer or process personal data outside the borders of the European Union/European Economic Area if there is a legal basis for this, such as compliance with a legal obligation or customer’s consent, and appropriate safeguards are in place: there is an agreement containing standard terms and conditions in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, approved codes of conduct, certification, etc.; the country where the recipient is located has an adequate level of data protection, as decided by the European Commission.
What are your data protection rights?
The right to access. You have the right to request for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification. You have the right to request to correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure. You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability. You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
The application must allow you to identify your identity unambiguously. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of consent prior to the withdrawal.
Please note that you can only request the deletion of your personal data, the restriction of processing, or other measures if this is compatible with the legal basis and the data protection legislation. If you request a restriction, suspension or deletion of the processing of personal data, this may suspend the services we provide to you in part or in full.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For how long we store your data?
Your personal data will be stored as long as it is necessary to provide the services you request.
We may have a requirement under the applicable laws to keep some of your personal data for 10 years. This is after the end of the service we provide, if your personal data is required to comply with other applicable laws or if we need your personal data to protect, create and enforce legal requirements only on the basis of the need for knowledge.
Data collected without personal data shall be stored for an indefinite period.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically via cookies or similar technology.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Google Analytics is a free software tool created by Google that helps monitor and analyze website traffic. It collects data by placing a cookie on your browser when you visit our site, thereby providing insights such as how many users we have, where are they from, and which pages they click on.
Only retargeting is a form of online advertising that allows us and some of our advertising partners to show you advertising based on your browsing patterns and interactions with a site away from our sites.
- AdWords Remarketing — uses behavior, demographic, and interest data to identify users who are likely to convert, and then allows you to target those users with remarketing campaigns through Google Ads.
- Demographics and Interests Reporting — provides insight into the age, gender, and purchase interests of users, which you can use to better target your advertisements.
- Google Display Network (GDN) Impression Reporting — measures the impact of unclicked GDN Display ad impressions on conversions and site behavior.
We and Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as Mailchimp) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website.
To opt-out of analysis by Google Analytics on our website and other websites, please visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on Download Page.
- keeping you signed in;
- understanding how you use our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Functionality – we use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include information about language preference and location data. There are first-party and third-party cookies.
|Names of cookies||Purpose||When do these cookies expire?|
|projectgoose.eu base and function cookies|
|_session||Necessary for storing the user sessions during purchasing.||Until closing of the web browser.|
|XSRF-TOKEN||To ensure security against request forgery (cross-site request forgery, CSRF).||One day.|
|Google Analytics analysis cookies|
|_ga||To distinguish between the different website visitors.||Two years.|
|_gid||To distinguish between the different website visitors.||One day.|
|To distinguish between the different website visitors.||One minute.|
How to manage cookies?
You can block the use of the cookies when you activate the settings of your web browser that allow you to refuse all or some cookies settings. However, if you block all cookies with the settings of your web browser, you might not have access to our website or parts of it.
We may change this policy from time to time. We will notify you of any changes that relate to information we already hold about you, where necessary. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website.
How to contact us: